Social Media as a Source for Research Data
Workshop at National Center for Research Methods, UK. Southampton, July 27-28, 2016.
- Part 1: Introduction – Social Media Platforms and their Users. View slides: Section1_introduction
- Part 2: A first glance at different kinds of social media data. View slides: Section2_data
- Part 3: From personality traits to election prediction – an overview of current approaches in social media research. View slides: Section3_literature
- Part 4: An outlook to computational social science. View slides: section4_css
- Part 5: Tools and methods for data collection, secondary use of collected datasets. View slides: Section5_Tools
- Part 6: A closer look at the data – data quality and representativeness. View slides: Section6_data-quality
- Part 7: Practical examples in designing research projects based on social media data, with consideration of: research ethics, feasibility, quality, reproducibility. View slides:
- Part 8: Conclusions.
USEFUL LINKS AND REFERENCES
- A collection of links and references mentioned during the course are available in the shared Google Document.
- The references are also available in this shared ZOTERO-Library.